Thursday, June 10, 2021

Dixion House writing

 

On Tuesday the 25th of May we went on a trip to Dixon house to read to the people there because it was read a book month. We were all very nervous at the start but once we opened up a bit it got a lot easier. The thing I most enjoyed was interacting with the old people and I would definitely do it again. The bit I least enjoyed was writing this piece of work but I hope you enjoy it. :)


Dixon house visit

-----------------------------------------------

On Tuesday the 25th of May we went to go and read to the residents of Dixon house. First, we had to catch a bus from school to Dixon house. We then had to walk to Dixon house from the public toilets because there were no parks near the place.  We waited patiently for Mequa to arrive so we could go and see the people. After she arrived we walked with her into the lounge with our books and sat next to an old person heap of us were nervous we either had to talk and make conversation or read them a book I had two books with me I had Maccas Christmas crackers and Maccas makeover the most popular one was Maccas Christmas crackers. The thing I most enjoyed about this experience was interacting with the old people and hearing them talk about what they did when they were my age. I had a few good conversations with them. This experience made me feel really happy that I got to read and interact with them. I really enjoyed Going and socializing with the people there. It was a really good experience for me and the class as we were all very nervous at the start of the visit but I think after we all opened up it got easier. I really enjoyed the visit and I would definitely go back again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie, I'm Zion Taurima from Otaki colledge. And I enjoyed reading your dixion house writing, and yes it feels very good to socialize with people you like and experiencing new things and finding out more things about others that you might into aswell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie my name is Tereora and I go to Otaki college I really liked reading your storey, keep your good writing going.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.